- My Alphasmart. I love that it's a no-frills portable word processor. No danger of Freecell or web surfing. I can type anywhere.
- While I try to avoid excess surfing, I can't do without my favorite writing groups, blogs, and sites. Maybe they'll be featured in a future top ten.
- Gel pens or fountain pens. I love these for journaling and brainstorming.
- Write Again software. It's a great all in one organizing, tracking, and planning program.
- Notebooks. My new favorites are the smaller size from CVS. They've got great plastic covers, but they aren't too expensive.
- My ipod. Sometimes I write with music, sometimes not. But I often use my ipod to at least mask noise in my immediate surroundings.
- The basics: my PC, my desk. I love being able to customize my environment to stimulate creativity.
- I know I mentioned e-sword before, but I'm mentioning them again. They have bibles and so many bible study tools.
- A handful of tools from Levenger. Required? No. Fun? Yes. They make these notepads shaped to fit in front of my monitor. No more saving emails forever because I never write down the info.
- Chocolate. It's good for celebration, consolation, encouragement, reward. It's an incredibly versatile tool.
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
At Last, A Top Ten
I've been sick for quite a while and unable to post. As I told my friends, I hate it when I get a game plan together and then I get sidelined. One of my last posts was on books for writers. Here's a list of tools for writers that I find useful. These are especially helpful when I need to arm myself to get back into the game.