Tuesday, August 28, 2007

An Aged Top Ten

Some of you are going to think I have no reason to write a list of the top ten things that make me feel old. But I think that only proves my point. If I'm surprised that something makes me feel old, that just goes to show I am not yet old enough to be that old. That probably only made sense if you know me fairly well. Anyway, here's the top ten things that make me feel old.

  1. Someone recently asked me what kind of anti-wrinkle cream I use. I don't. Maybe it was a compliment in that I don't really have wrinkles, but it still sounds fishy.
  2. The discounted matinee price for movies is more than the full price was when I was a kid.
  3. Getting ma'am-ed. Unless I'm visiting the South, or being addressed by someone under the age of ten, I am not at all prepared to be called ma'am.
  4. The fact that I can no longer stay up late. Anything that requires coordination or cognitive functioning requires a full night's sleep.
  5. I recently realized that anything that happened up to 15 years ago still happened in my adult lifetime.
  6. My peers have children entering the 2nd grade.
  7. I've moved up a category in the age bracket demographic.
  8. Instead of getting trendy fashion catalogs, I've started getting catalogs for sensible shoes and clothes that specialize in "coverage and support."
  9. My younger brother is going to be 29. Once he hits 30, I'm going to have to admit that I have too.
  10. Music I grew up with is now being played on classic and oldies radio stations. I thought that was my parents' music that was supposed to be on those stations.

No comments: