- Someone recently asked me what kind of anti-wrinkle cream I use. I don't. Maybe it was a compliment in that I don't really have wrinkles, but it still sounds fishy.
- The discounted matinee price for movies is more than the full price was when I was a kid.
- Getting ma'am-ed. Unless I'm visiting the South, or being addressed by someone under the age of ten, I am not at all prepared to be called ma'am.
- The fact that I can no longer stay up late. Anything that requires coordination or cognitive functioning requires a full night's sleep.
- I recently realized that anything that happened up to 15 years ago still happened in my adult lifetime.
- My peers have children entering the 2nd grade.
- I've moved up a category in the age bracket demographic.
- Instead of getting trendy fashion catalogs, I've started getting catalogs for sensible shoes and clothes that specialize in "coverage and support."
- My younger brother is going to be 29. Once he hits 30, I'm going to have to admit that I have too.
- Music I grew up with is now being played on classic and oldies radio stations. I thought that was my parents' music that was supposed to be on those stations.
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
An Aged Top Ten
Some of you are going to think I have no reason to write a list of the top ten things that make me feel old. But I think that only proves my point. If I'm surprised that something makes me feel old, that just goes to show I am not yet old enough to be that old. That probably only made sense if you know me fairly well. Anyway, here's the top ten things that make me feel old.