Sunday, November 30, 2008

Signs of the Season

I plan to get back to regular posting tomorrow. For now, I'm content to report that I'm back home and nesting my home for winter. The tree is up, with my brand new silver "Grace" ornament. For those of you keeping track, that's the 4th exception to the bears only rule for my tree.
I consider myself to be fairly low maintenance when it comes to personal upkeep. So while it's dismaying that it now takes so many lotions and creams to keep my skin from flaking away and my hair from flying away, the extra pampering is rather enjoyable.
I baked brownies tonight so the house smells good. The only problem is snow is in the forecast. I could do without that.
What do you do to prepare for the season?

2 comments:

Dianne Adams said...

Handmade gifts are a big part of our Christmas season. I've gotten a late start this year so I'm trying to step it up. Apple spice cake is another one. I can't forget the Christmas morning breakfast casserole that is mandatory too.

Jessica Nelson said...

Yum! I love brownies.
Hmmm, I like to light candles and set out some decorations. Then there's the tree. My toddlers will get a kick out of a tree being in the house. :-)