As a perpetually single, and therefore childless person, I take exception to this. While many people may want to put off growing up until they have a family, I would like to offer some alternative indicators of impending adulthood.
- If you have gray hair, dry skin, AND zits, you might be a grown-up.
- If you have a mortgage, you might be a grown-up.
- If it's always your turn to do the dishes, pay the bills, and take out the garbage, you might be a grown-up.
- If things you recall from a decade ago happened after you passed your teenage years, you might be a grown-up.
- If snow days, hot summer days, and birthdays are worth acknowledging, but no longer quite worth celebrating, you might be a grown-up.