Friday, February 01, 2008

Snow Day

Once every ten years or so, the powers that be at my place of employment decide we here in Chicago have gotten enough snow to warrant a snow day. That once in a decade event took place today. What to do with an entire day off? The choices are overwhelming. Today, I couldn't even decide between doing "want to do" things and "need to do" things.
At least I'm blogging. If I didn't have the day off, who knows if I would have made the time to get around to it? Now that I'm back to blogging, I'd intended to do it 1-2 times a week. I figured that was a small enough goal as to be quite managable.
The good news is that I've been doing other kinds of writing. Blogging is still important to me, but I really want to get back to submiting articles for publication. So I'm in the midst of a transition with juggling how I spend my writing time.
One thing I might write next is a list of things I want to do next time I have an unexpected gift of free time. What would be on your list?

1 comment:

LeAnne Benfield Martin said...

Nancy,

Snow days are fabulous, aren't they? We actually had some snow a few weeks ago, which is unusual where I live in the South. I like that "free day" feeling.

What would I do with a snow day or an unexpected block of free time? I would read a book I just got last week by Franky Schaeffer (Francis and Edith's son) called Addicted to Mediocrity. It's for and about artists.

I'd also clean out a corner of my office for my new dog's bed. That corner started out as a temporary spot for photo boxes and albums and schoolwork. Now it's chaos. I don't like to even look at it! But the dog needs a space in here that's all her own so I'm motivated to do it. I wish I had some unexpected free time, but it looks like I'm going to have to manufacture some...

I'm enjoying catching up on the last few posts I missed. The 100 Goals list sounds intimidating, but I suppose it can be small goals, too, huh? Food for thought.

LeAnne