Friday, April 20, 2007

Housekeeping

Not long ago, my blog reached the 1,000 visitors mark. Kinda cool, even if it did take me a little bit to realize it.
I finally started adding the links back into my blog. I still haven't figured out how to get my "100's" back up in my profile, but I'm working on it.
I also joined Christian Women Online. Check them out, there's a lot of interesting stuff out there to peruse.
On a more serious note, a lot of the blogs I read have commented on the recent tragedy at Virginia Tech. I've found their thoughts to be quite profound and helpful in getting some sort of meaning out of all this for myself and the people I interact with every day. However, I chose not to post anything on this or other similar subjects widely reported in the media. I suppose the lack of current events might have a correlation with my lack of readership based on my ratings with search engines & such.
But I continue to make this choice. I do so because while it's important that we be able to share our experience of these events and help each other heal, I also think it's important to have space and time for respite from the sometimes overwhelming challenges we face every day. So I trust my fellow bloggers to say what needs to be said about current events. Hopefully, I can continue to come up with other meaningful things to share.

No comments: