Sunday, April 22, 2007

Systems

I’m a systems person. I love discovering new plans and techniques for everything from organization to motivation to productivity. What I need is a system for sticking with my systems.
Seriously.
If you need a system for keeping the house clean and organized, Flylady works great. You just need to read the emails and actually keep up with doing what they say. Sometimes I’m better at that than other times. If you need a system for keeping accountable for your writing goals, I have plenty to choose from. The only problem is that I can’t seem to stick to any one system for very long.
I shop out new systems based on my mood and the general changes in my life circumstances. People tend to dump a system because something about it isn’t working. But I’m trying to learn what does work about each of the systems I try. Yes, I’m trying to systematize my systems. I bet there’s a pattern to what works and what doesn’t, based on the pattern of activity in my life and exactly what kinds of systems I need at a given point in time.
What kinds of systems do you like?

No comments: