Sunday, February 18, 2007

Vacation

I’ve been on vacation for the last few days. If you haven’t done this lately, I highly recommend it. At first you might wonder about the wisdom of taking a vacation (the kind where you don't go anywhere) right in the middle of February, particularly when six inches of snow has just fallen on the ground. Most people who stay in their homes in this situation do so pretty much against their will. But for me, it’s the beginning of the formula for a great vacation.
I get to sleep in, because I’m not going anywhere if I can help it.
My errand list is edited down to absolute essentials.
I feel good about getting those errands done because the weather increases the challenge.
I catch up on stuff around the house.
I catch up on reading and movies.
The only other places I go are places I really, really want to go.
In this case, that place was a local Nature Conservatory. Again, this is the ideal place to be when it’s the middle of February and there is six inches of snow on the ground. I still have a bit of sunburn from sitting in a glass house for several hours, wearing short sleeves.

I was there 2 days ago. Today, there are 31 days left until Spring. Tomorrow, it is supposed to rain.
I think I’ll make it.

Current Read: Pilgrim at Tinker Creek, Annie Dillard
Current Music: A Day Without Rain, Enya

1 comment:

Oberon said...

.......i would like a cookie.....thank you.