Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A Book Meme

Cris is at it again. She tagged me with a neat meme about books. And as far as I can tell, LeAnne started it, so I won't be able to tag her either. Anyway, here are the rules:
1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.

I'm reading Searching For God Knows What, by Donald Miller. Here's the quoted text.
"In the Gospels, Jesus is always surrounded by the poor, by the marginalized. And adversely, he is often opposed by the powerful. Not all the powerful, but those who oppose him are almost always the people who are ahead in the lifeboat."

Ok, so I'm tagging Teena. I would have tagged Old Fashioned Girl, but sadly, her blog has disappeared. This was thought provoking, even if I don't have 5 people to tag.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Nancy! I learned a new word today, meme. I will take on the challenge and share that idea with my friends. It would be fun to see what others are reading and what new ideas I hear and learn about.

Crystal Laine said...

I knew you would be reading something deep and meaningful. I haven't read that yet, so it's something to put on my list!