Thursday, January 18, 2007

Defining Irony

I've been on this new diet for the last six months or so. It's called the "I Bought A Condo" diet. (No, I'm not starving, Mom & Dad). I just don't spend money on junk food because I can't afford to. Every time I want some ice cream I remind myself I bought I condo.
The good news is that I'm halfway to my goal weight. Wonderful, right?
The bad news is that my clothes are getting too big on me to be passable anymore.
So to sum up, the essential feature of this diet's success is that I simply cannot afford to buy more than my daily allowance of food. It has been so successful that I now need a new wardrobe that I can't afford any more than I can afford the ice cream. And to tell the truth, some days I'm not sure which I want more.
Go ahead and laugh.

You can stop laughing now.

Current read: The Glorious Appearing, LaHaye & Jenkins
Current music: History, Matthew West

1 comment:

Crystal Laine said...

Ok, this is a workable diet, but you are going to have to somehow work in a budget for new clothes! LOL. Who would've thought it could be this simple?

Love your blog.